Let’s face it. The majority of us spend a lot of time online. I think I might spend more than the average person (and Teddy Brewski more than the average puppy) on some form of electronic device. To be fair, it is my job and there are many things I love about being fully online and engaged with people from all over the world on my computer or phone. However there are some “no-no’s” that people do online that drive me up the wall.
1. Being a flat out nasty, hater or troll. We are very lucky to enjoy our right to freedom of speech and that is online as well. If you don’t like what I say – don’t read it and don’t post a nasty comment or send a stupid email to me about it. This goes for pics, tweets, pins, Instagram posts and hashtag usage. There are many other places to go online. I can show you the door. Bye and don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
2. Constant complaining. You don’t need social media, you need a therapist and I am not getting paid enough to read about your constant bitching. If you are having issues then let me send you a number of a good Doc. I can even send you two.
3. Writing ambiguous posts begging people to ask you what is wrong where more than likely no one cares. Again, I have a name and number of a good therapist for you. You don’t need social media. You need attention. May I suggest a dog or cat as well?
4. Hate posts. I won’t read them and will unfollow ASAP, including political posts.
5. Following me to just unfollow me after I follow you back. This is lame. You are a time waster and suck. I know you unfollowed me because we both use the same program to check. Crowdfire anyone?
6. People who never interact. Ghost followers. What are you looking at? Thinking? Do you have a pulse?
7. People who only interact for the wrong reasons. These people need the wrong kind of attention and I don’t respond to people like this. Again, trolls?
8. People who are not people. We are online to be social and interact hence the “social” in social media. So, get to it! Be social. Auto DM’s are not ok…..so, please stop.
Did I leave any out?
**Stay snarky my friends!**