A few months ago, I was offered a dream campaign for my Instagram account from MillerCoors unveiling the new Arnold Palmer Spiked drink at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
This campaign was a perfect fit for me for all of these reasons and more:
1. I like to drink. I really like spiked lemonade drinks that taste good!
2. I love to golf! I would rather be golfing now.
3. The Waste Management Phoenix Open is one of the coolest events I have ever been to and I have been to A LOT of events. I mean….it is called the Wasted Management Phoenix Open for a reason.
4. Arnold Palmer approved.
So, agreeing to promote the new Arnold Palmer Spiked at the WMPO was a no brainer for me.
I had such a great time working with the publicist and brand. They allowed me the flexibility to really show my personality as an influencer in the campaign through my images, videos and posts. Hole-in-one!
A success of a social media influencer campaign is only achieved when both the brand and the influencer work together to create the perfect pair.
In this case, we did! We went together like a birdie and an eagle in the same round of golf.
How do you measure the ROI on a social media influencer campaign?
1.MillerCoors Arnold Palmer Spiked is now the top selling new brand of 2018 according to Nielsen. They kicked off the release of the beverage with just 3 influencers at the Waste Management Phoenix Open and I was one of them! Referenced in the success of the sales was the “buzzy launch at the WMPO”.
The No. 1 new brand introduced in 2018? Arnold Palmer Spiked Half & Half, according to Nielsen all-outlet and convenience figures year-to-date through March 17.
Made in partnership with Hornell Brewing, a unit of iced-tea maker AriZona Beverages, the drink is a 5 percent alcohol-by-volume version of the half iced tea, half lemonade named after its creator, the late professional golfer Arnold Palmer. It is not carbonated and made with real juice and tea.
“Arnold Palmer Spiked is off to a tremendous start,” Bryan Ferschinger, vice president of national craft and innovation, told MillerCoors distributors this week in Austin, Texas. “A big component of our success is that we’ve approached this launch differently.”
The MillerCoors decision to partner with well-known and experienced tea-maker AriZona, along with the equity of the Arnold Palmer name and a buzzy launch at the Waste Management Open in Phoenix, helped the brand gain popularity in the market almost immediately upon launch, Ferschinger said.
Read more on the MillerCoors blog here
2. My images are still the top 4 on Instagram for the campaign hashtag as well as the featured image.
3. MillerCoors wants to work together again and I can’t wait.
4. My followers still continue to reach out to me sharing their new love for the Arnold Palmer Spike beverage. Thank you for all your tweets, comments, likes and images sharing your favorite new beverage.
This campaign was a complete success for both the brand and the influencer (me).
I am extremely proud of the work done for this campaign and look forward to working with them in the future.
****Thank you to @latoyii for my photos!
**Stay snarky my friends!**