I am a California girl inside and out! More specifically, born in the Bay Area. Love my San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors and San Francisco 49ers (but Kaep can go anytime). However, I moved to Los Angeles to work in the music business when I completed college at the University of Arizona. I will always be a Wildcat and a Bay Area sports fan no matter what zip code I am in!
Going back to Cali, Cali, Cali and the fact that NorCal and SoCal are different but what they do have in common is traffic and parking situations. I definitely don’t miss the traffic in Los Angeles especially in rush hour or the disappearing parking in San Francisco a.k.a. “The City” at all. You don’t always need to have a car but having one is a necessity sometimes. Wouldn’t it be great to have “wheels only when you want them” and not have to pay for a car or the other expenses that come with having a ride? Well, you can! You can with Zipcar!
I was first introduced to Zipcar while living in the city and it is a lifesaver! Literally. There are a few things everyone knows about San Francisco and that is Haight Street, the Golden Gate Bridge, Ghirardelli Chocolates and the windy roads of Lombard Street. I love to walk as much as I can but sometimes I need to have a car. Don’t you? So, that is where Zipcar comes into play. Job interview? Check. Dr. Appt. Check. Date with a man who oversells himself on a dating site. CHECK. No matter the occasion you can have wheels when you need them with Zipcar.
Zipcar provides auto reservations to its members. You can choose to pay by the hour or day. Members pay a monthly or annual membership fee in addition to car reservations charges. That is it!
It’s like having your own car without the maintenance, gas, or insurance costs!
There are so many benefits to using Zipcar from saving money (which we all love) to saving the planet (bravo).
• SAVE MONEY: Zipsters save an average of $500/month vs. car owners. Just imagine never paying for gas again. Awesome!
• SOMETIMES I NEED A CAR AND PUBLIC TRANSPO JUST WON’T WORK: You love your bus-pass but not for grocery shopping, longer trips or spontaneous adventures. No more worrying about carrying the 5 bags you bought at the mall on a crowded bus. More shopping for you!
• I NEED A SECOND CAR: Does your hubby, boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, dog or roommate have the car today? We’ve got you covered. Share away! Remember sharing is caring, right?
• MOVING AGAIN: Reserving a Zipvan or SUV beats the heck out of renting a moving truck or asking your brother-in-law. Don’t be at the mercy of your brother-in-law and get your own Zipvan for that move. It’s easy.
• ENTREPRENEUR/START-UP COMPANY NEEDS A CAR: Starting your own business and need wheels for you and your employees. Join Zipcar for Business. Use our snarky, non-branded Zipcars and handy Zipvans for meetings, deliveries or supply runs. Fantastic.
• TRAVEL: We all need a vacay. You can reserve Zipcars in other cities. Your Zipcard unlocks cars in major cities and airports around the world. How cool is that?
• PLANET: I want to be kind to the planet – reduce your dependence on a personal car. If everybody does it, everybody wins. This is super awesome.
Did you know that as of June 2015, the company had more than 900,000 members and offers nearly 10,000 vehicles throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Austria and Turkey, making Zipcar one of the world’s leading car sharing networks. Click here to see a list of cities for your very own Zipcar experience.
Want to know how it works?
Members can reserve Zipcars with Zipcar’s mobile app, online or by phone at any time, immediately or up to a year in advance. Zipcar members have automated access to Zipcars using an access card, which works with the car’s technology to unlock the door, where the keys are already located inside. Zipcar also offers an iPhone or Andriod application that allows members to honk the horn to locate a Zipcar and unlock the doors. Zipcar charges a one-time application fee, an annual fee, and a reservation charge.
BONUS: Fuel, insurance, and maintenance are included in the price.
Zipcar offers more than 50 makes and models of vehicles, including BMW’s, Audis, Mini Coopers, Prius Hybrids, pickup trucks and more. Each vehicle has a home location: a reserved parking space located on a street, driveway or neighborhood parking lot in the member’s area, to which it must be returned at the end of the reservation. The locations of all Zipcars and models available at those locations are available at the Zipcar website. Zipcars have RFID transponders located on the windshield that communicates with the card to lock and unlock the doors of the vehicle. Each vehicle records hours of usage and mileage, which is uploaded to a central computer via a wireless data link.
— Zipcar (@Zipcar) October 7, 2015
I guess that is why Zipcar has been nominated by USA Today for the 10 Best Reader’s Choice Award! Go and vote.
This wouldn’t be a Melanysguydlines post if I didn’t have something special for you, right? Well, I do! How about $25 free driving with Zipcar right here! Get out and Zip.
Go ahead. Let me know what you think.
*** This is sponsored post but of course all snarky thoughts are my own.
**Stay snarky my friends!**