Nothing like deleting 7,500 of 44,572 photos for 2 hours from my phone to realize:
1. How many selfies it takes to get a sharable melfie. What a waste of time.
2. How many dumb asses I have dated. All of them…. but it’s a learning experience, right?
3. How many “emotional vampires” I have known, dumped and how many I still need to get rid of (Thanks Steph for the perfect term). Cleaning house feels so good.
4. How bad shopping is online and that nothing ever looks the same once you order and try it on at home. Is that a dress or a drape?
5. How I need to clean out my phone more often. Boo!
6. How OBSESSED I am with Teddy Brewski. Aren’t you?
7. How appreciative I am of my parents for always being there for me and I will never delete any photo of them EVER! Not the one with my mom throwing up Dio horns or my classic dad photo bombs.
8. How truly thankful I am that I lived a rockstar life of 20 people with all the experiences I had with my sister, Brenna and that I need to scan those photos because those were the best times of my life.
9. How happy I am that I didn’t spend all my time on my phone then and enjoyed every moment with her.
10. How much happier I am enjoying life with true friends and family living in the moment without always having to document every… single… minute… online and hiding behind that screen for the “perfect” shot.
You can look at those photos from the concert or the sporting event but you can’t ever get that time back with the people you love so enjoy the moment. Take 1-2 photos and maybe a video and then put that phone down, rock out, laugh with the people you are with and savor the experience!
Words and actions I am trying to live by from now on.
**Stay snarky my friends!**