I did it. I finally got in touch with a golf pro and am now on the golf course taking lessons. It is super challenging and takes patience, which I don’t usually have but need if I am going to be good at this sport. Yes, this is a sport. I apologize to my friend in seventh grade when I said golf wasn’t a sport. Wow – was I wrong! In my defense, I was an avid softball player and couldn’t see anything else but a softball bat and a ball (and cute baseball players).
So, I am finally taking some more of my own advice and working on not being a workaholic by having someone teach me the game (I mean) sport of golf! Everything starts with the correct fundamentals and that is why I am starting from the beginning with a person who can teach me the right way.
I am loving it so far but I need to go shopping for some new golf gear because black doesn’t work on a golf course. This isn’t L.A. and #allblackeverything might apply to yoga but not on the green. Plus, Arizona is hotter than the devil’s mouth and I don’t want to melt in just my second lesson. I hope you don’t mind if I am a little MIA for a bit while I go shopping. You know, one of my favorite things in the entire world.
My advice for all of you as seen on the internet today which made me laugh:
“Amazing things will happen today if you choose not to be a miserable cow” unknown.
Thanks Anne for the snarky laugh. It is true so try something new today. Like golf.
**Stay snarky my friends!**
Good Luck with your game. I have been at it for 11 years and still feel like I know nothing. It takes a lot of patience so stick with it.
Patience is something I need to work on for sure! Thank you! Will let you know!
Why thank you! Working on it!
So happy you are doing this. It is so good for you. Anyway, you are such a great athlete, it shouldn’t take you any time at all to get the hang of it. I can already see the improvement. Keep it up. Yay!!!
Thank you! So excited too! Having a blast learning. FORE!
You will learn to love golf even when you hit a tree or land the ball in the water but here are a few tips to help get you through those long 18 f@cking holes in the early learning stages!
1) ALWAYS carry a roadie/flask in your golf bag! 15% alcohol or higher only!
2) At least 10 Neon colored golf balls for easy spotting in the bush.
3) A golf ball retriever for those water shots.
4) Tear away stripper pants for those forecasted cool days the weatherman totally screws up.
5) A bikini & lawn chair for those 10 stroke beach shots.
6) Do not play with really good golfers unless it’s your instructor! They will just piss you off!
7) Only mark your score card when your strokes are under 8 per hole (snowman)! The others don’t count!
8) Use a motorized golf cart in the beginning to chase balls, carry your roadies & save energy. Remember it’s 4 hours!
9) Always go to the 19th hole to congratulate yourself for not wrapping your driver around a tree.
10) Never take yourself too seriously or if you do, take only 40% alcohol in your golf bag next time on the links.
Hope this helps! hugs <3 Sybersue
BEST COMMENT EVER! Need to print this out and keep in my golf bag! LOVE! FORE
Keep your head down!
Thanks for the tip tipsy! HA!
I am impressed young lady!!
Why thank you very much!!!