Tomorrow, I leave for San Diego to attend Social Media Marketing World and excited to meet some more people in my field. What I am not looking forward to is packing. I mean let’s be honest – I am living out of a suitcase in my spare bedroom from my last trip. My bathroom products are still in protective double plastic bags in my other sink. I double bag all my products – I am a product whore – we have already established that but each lotion, remover and whatever else l think I am going to need while on vacation (or at a conference) needs to be bagged not once but twice to protect from spilling on my clothes. (Don’t worry about the environment people – I ALWAYS REUSE them so all the people waiting on the Internet to be offended about something – this is not it). I have become somewhat of a professional traveler but what I am not professional at is packing smarter and leaving the things I never wear at home and out of my huge suitcase.
Here is a list of things I pack but should not ever make it into my suitcase:
1. 2 Types of zit cream. I think one is enough and even then, I never use it.
2. Cute shoes on the floor. They should stay there and if they are not comfy at home – why in the hell do I think they are going to be better while traveling?
3. Shoes again. You can’t fold them or flatten and the reason I always have to pay overweight charge.
4. 100s of Qtips. I mean – I am one person. How many can I actually use?
5. 20 pairs of socks. I have two feet and two shoes. You do the math because apparently I can’t.
6. Jewelry for 10 different outfits. Come on – I love my bling but am I going to change the jewels that much while on vacay?
7. Electronic charges for every device I have ever owned. I don’t think I still need to bring that Iphone 4 charger since the adaptor does not plug into my Iphone 5s.
8. Laptop. Ipad. Air. Phone. Ipod. Mifi. Mophie and all corresponding chargers. Some charges work with all the devices. Please choose just 5 from the list.
9. 2 pairs of headphones? Well, I have 4 ears.
10. Underwear. Again – do the math.
11. 3 Lint Rollers. Only need one as now I know you can request black napkins at most restaurant.
12. Jackets/Sweaters – I mean how cold is it really going to get in San Diego?
13. Scarves- Try limit my accessories because I ALWAYS lose something and that something is always a scarf that I am holding in my hands but never wearing around my neck.
14. Belts. Black or brown. Decide.
15. Too much money, credit cards and other form of payment. If you bring – you will use it. Bitcoin?
16. Formal attire more suited for prom. Should probably leave that at home because I don’t even have a date.
It doesn’t matter what I do, write, list or leave at home. I am ALWAYS going to get charged the overweight bag fee because you know I am going to bring every single item on the aforementioned “leave at home” list. Happy packing, unpacking and safe travels.
P.S. If Teddy gets to take a pillow? Should I? GO CATS! Sweet Sixteen Baby!
**Stay snarky my friends!**