I have been working on being on not being a workaholic.
How am I doing, you ask? Well, I have been making time for myself!
The first part of this process started by getting my ass back in the gym. I can’t tell you how good I feel now that I have been moving around and active for the past month. In all fairness to me, I placed myself in my own prison a.k.a. a walking boot from an injury sustained while playing kickball. Yes, kickball. I’m a total ringer too but one bad step while running through the bag, wearing cheap cleats resulted in this big ass boot…. BOO! As soon as we divorced I put on my Nike’s and haven’t looked back since. Today, I am hiking Camelback Mountain and I can’t wait. I do have to admit that I am a little intimidated by the long, slithering, non-armed worm-like creatures with rattles that inhabit the Arizona Mountains but I am going with a good guide who assures me that I can jump on her back should I see one.
Here is a list of 16 things I have done for myself that has giving me a renewed sense of everything and I suggest you trying all of them out ASAP!
1. Cooking. I love cooking and “mashing” around different ingredients found in the kitchen to make healthy choices. I suggest you do it too! It is super relaxing and hearing someone you care about tell you how good your concoction is makes it that much better! I am thinking ‘Top Chef” or maybe “Top Chef Junior” since I am better suited for the height qualifications of that show.
I am short and need a step stool sometimes. Kidding. Kinda. Plus, the every other day trips to the market insure I get out from behind my computer. This is a major bonus for my overall well being. Maybe I will even share some recipes with you? If you are lucky! The one recipe I am looking for is something to put in my crockpot. Taking suggestions now!
2. Isagenix. It is still the best shake and bar replacement product out there!
If you are looking to drop those extra pounds or just lean out your body try Isa. Love this program and it is created to incorporate with a healthy cooking and working out regimen to achieve your goals. The shakes are tasty and there is no soy or gluten in their products! YES! Ask me about it. The program works and they have great support on social media filled with inspirational stories from people like you and it is easy to stay focused on your goals. The new chocolates in caramel, sea salt flavor are ahhhmazing! I am going to have one now.
3. Shopping – There is nothing like retail therapy and if you can tell from my social media accounts, I am no stranger to fashion or shopping. I went to the mall and picked up some cute clothes for myself a few weeks ago (and yesterday too, lol). I deserve it and so do you. Dress how you want to feel! Get in some new clothes and work it.…and go work out too while you are at it.
My favorite new workout clothes come straight from Nordstroms and their killer workout brand Zella. Zella trumps Lululemlon and is a fraction of the cost! I just can’t wait until the atrocious legging patterns go out of style. Ladies, zebra and crazy colored lines tightly stretched across your ass and thighs don’t look good. I promise even if the magazines and mannequins lie to you.
4. Drink a lot of water. My alcohol intake is minimal except for the Friday and Saturday (oops) but I did change my fav alcoholic drink to the yummy Skyy Vodka Vanilla Bean with a splash of Soda Water! Yummy! (Thanks Shawdi). Try it and you will love it too! Cheers.
5. Working Out. No, you won’t see me sporting a FitBit because they aren’t super snarky but you will see me wearing a new outfit walking my favorite dog around the canal in this gorgeous weather. If you don’t have a handsome furry friend like Teddy Brewski to join you, you can always call on a friend with two legs to be your workout buddy. It is much easier to work out with a friend. Get out and enjoy!
6. Hypoxi. I can’t say enough about it. It is a workout and more. It has been awesome for me to get back in to the gym and responsible for my current health and nutrition goals. Hypoxi is becoming popular in the states after coming over from Australia. It is a targeted fat burning workout awesome for fighting fat in those stubborn areas on all of us like the tush, thighs, tummy and hips. Plus, it sooths and smooths cellulite. Yes, please. Both men and women can do it. I am loving my results!!!!
It is awesome! Think of Hypoxi as more than a workout and fat burning session because you are getting a rockstar personal trainer to help you along the way too.
I have lost 6 inches in just 5 sessions by following the routine, which is:
a. 20 minutes in the decompression suit, which is a little like cupping and stimulates your bloods circulation while detoxifies.
b. 30 minutes on a bike while wearing a little skirt that looks like you are Judy Jetson. Bike at a moderate, fat burning pace while in a pod and let the vacuum suction your unwanted fat away. Check.
c. Eating right! No carbs for at least 2 hours (4-6 hours is better) after the session and no alcohol or other workouts the same day as you do Hypoxi!
d. Do this 3 times a week and work with the Hypoxi trainers to help you achieve your personal goals! (Again, thanks Shawdi).
“Through our advanced vacuum and compression technology and healthy nutrition, HYPOXI activates your body’s natural system to burn specific areas of fat and cellulite.” As seen on the Hypoxi site.
7. Music. I need more rock n’ roll all the time so you better be sure I have a few concerts lined up on my schedule. I always make time for live music because it makes me feel alive. Plus, streaming some killer rock stations like 92.3 KOMP from Las Vegas and 93.9 The Mountain from Northern Arizona has me putting on new rock shoes!!
Concerts on the schedule are Tesla, Disturbed and Guns N’ Roses in Las Vegas! ROCK ON!
8. Social Media – Getting off the computer has been a huge factor for me being happier. It has freed up a lot of time for me to pursue other things and be more creative. By stepping away from my computer and phone it has given me more balance. Balance is something I am not typically good at but I am working on it. I am a work in progress.
9. Emails. Unsubscribe. Unsubscribe. Unsubscribe. YAY!! BUT NOT FROM ME!
10. Say NO to things that don’t benefit you. Say YES to things that make you happy. Make it happen. Step out of your comfort zone and do things you don’t usually do like…..
11. Travel for personal reasons. Take a weekend trip and put your work down! I left my laptop at home and drove to Sedona, Arizona. I wish I was still there. If you have never been to Sedona – you must go now! I can’t believe I have never been before! It was a life changing experience and there is so much to do that I am planning another trip back ASAP. It is truly a magical place and I can’t say enough about my trip there. While in Sedona may I suggest the following:
a. Stay at the Sedona Rouge hotel. The staff is super friendly and the pillows were heavenly. The pillows were so awesome I ordered them for my home. I do love sleep.
b. Take an ATV Ride with Arizona Offroad Tours ATV. Mary was our guide and she rocked! She was so good that I reviewed her on trip advisor: “My first trip to Sedona was awesome and due in large part to the day we spent riding an ATV with Mary from Arizona Offroad Tours! She was super patient with me and all my questions. She is beyond knowledgeable of the terrain, wildlife and surrounding areas. I had a permanent smile on my face during the entire ride. It was so much fun and provided me with a much needed escape from the daily grind. Mary was funny, personable, dedicated, a great leader, awesome teacher, and attentive to all of us on our ATV adventure. It was so much fun – I want to go back right now! BONUS – she takes the time to take a lot of pictures of each rider so that we can share with all our friends! I am a blogger and I am writing a post about Arizona Offroad Tours being a “must do attraction” while in Sedona because it is!! Highly recommend this ATV ride for all ages and experience levels. Plus, Mary works with riders with disabilities. That is just so awesome because she wants everyone to be able ride. Her passion for the sport shines through and her laugh is infectious. Did I mention? She also offers the opportunity to bring four legged dog friends on a ride. I am bringing my dog – Teddy Brewski next time!”
c. Stop in to the Sedona Story shop and have your aura picture taken!
My aura picture looked like this! The blue shows that I am relaxed and the white is showing all my guardian angels around me.
Plus, pick up some stones to bring home and live a happy and fulfilling life even when you are away from the magical red rocks of Sedona.
d. Visit Tlaquepaque and learn how to pronounce it correctly.
e. Walk. Walk. Walk.
f. Hike. Hike. Hike.
g. Views. Views. Views.
h. Shop. Shop. Shop.
i. Take pictures!!
j. Don’t post pictures on social media until you get home. Enjoy and live in the moment. ( I didn’t do the best job at this but promise to be better on my next trip!)
Next time I visit Sedona I plan on going wine tasting, hitting a spa or 5, fishing and visiting the Out of Africa Wildlife Park!! Take me back now.
12. Travel more. Next stop is Las Vegas for the Pac 12 basketball tournament with my parents. We will be cheering on our University of Arizona Wildcats! GO CATS. BEAR DOWN!
13. Spend time with family and friends. Make this a priority.
14. Out with the old. Spring-cleaning works and is mandatory. Donate to a good cause!!
15. Take time to smell the roses. I need to listen to this advice every day and repeat!
What do you do to relax, unwind, and achieve balance in your life?
Teddy Brewski is calling and so is the sunshine. Time for my morning walk and then off to hike Camelback Mountain. Wish me luck!!!!
*Thank you to the Sedona Rouge Hotel, Hypoxi, and Arizona Offroad Tours for taking care of me to review for the blog post. All snarky thoughts are always my own.
**Stay snarky my friends!**